Sunday, October 18, 2009

SITTING DOWN WITH THE GENIE


Pictures are worth a thousand words...
The Ottawa International Animation Festival was a blast this year! Sitting down with Eric Goldberg for an interview and hearing him talk about the future of Walt Disney and traditional animation was well worth the 200$! On the left is Dawn, director of the talent development program at Walt Disney Studios, I forced her into the picture against her will, but I think it makes it that much better!!!
Stay Tooned bloggers!

I also had nothing for him to sign....little did I know I had a sketch of the Genie hiding away in my sketchbook. As terrifying as it was to show him my version of the genie, he gave an approving nod and said, "you know what.....it's kinda on model".
....Then I woke up.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree! What a great presentation! Golberg is awesome!

Pablo said...

Awesome! Hope you had a great time. Would have loved to be there.

Unknown said...

you canadians have all the fun....

MayYeo said...

I agree with you 100% man! That was awesome, and I totally love Eric Goldberg, what a cute little old man! I've got two pics taken with him, hihi.

Collin Tsandilis said...

Holyyyyyyyy, Great anim fest this year. Too much awesome happened.

Remy Rodrigues said...

Dude that is awesome!

Desiree said...

That would have been fantastic!! lucky :)
Glad you had a good time!!!

Elizabeth said...

I wish i had gotten to sit down with him, you lucky bastard lolll :P, OHHH so for the disney thing apparently its only for graduates which sucks a bit cause the lady apparently told neil to tell his students to apply, ah well means ill reapply in , hows mentor going?

Adam Temple said...

Haha! Wicked! I wish I had his animator writing..Stoked is good, starting to get more challenging, which is good because I'm a slacker otherwise. I wish I'd been at the film festival, I'm gunna try to next year if I'm around.

Kirk Jorgensen said...

Hey Trent,

well hopefully we tie for 1st place. I think we'd be happy with that! that's cool you got to meet Eric Goldberg. I didn't think he'd be at the festival. Unfortunately I didn't make it to the festival this year... Hopefully next... I'd really like to go to the CTN expo too.
Do you have any other pics/stories from the festival?

Nachshon Rubel said...

wow. looks like i missed a lot this year...

Amanda said...

How funny, Boris and I were actually standing right behind you when you were getting your portfolio looked at!